Today the Women's Tennis Association and SAP announced the launch of the official WTA Finals mobile app just in time for the BNP Paribas WTA Finals Singapore presented by SCGGlobal. The tournament is set to take place on October 17th-26th, 2014 at the Singapore Sports Hub in Southeast Asia. Now available for download, the app gives fans access to exclusive WTA Finals content, including news feeds, statistics, live polls, player photos along with access to tournament details and ticketing. Other features included in the first addition of the app provide fans access to:
- Access player profiles and biographies
- Join the interactive Fan Zone to share Instagram pictures
- Get venue and visitor information
- Connect to the latest tweets and Facebook posts about the WTA Finals
Chris Burton, group vice president of SAP Global Sponsorships stated “We’re excited to debut this simple, easy-to-use mobile app together with the WTA, that will increase engagement with tennis fans from around the world. App users can tailor push notifications, view and highlight information, and track live tennis matches, taking the interactive experience to the next level.”
As the tournament starts, the WTA Finals app will provide engaging enhancements that allow fans to interact with the event. These enhancements will include:
- Virtual Replay, the ability for fans to view, track and replay ball movement
- Fan Zone, a social media hub where fans can participate in live polls and engage on Twitter and Facebook
- Leaderboard Stats, a player comparison tool tracking Aces, Fastest Serve, Break Points Saved, etc.
The Official App of the BNP Paribas WTA Finals Singapore presented by SC Global, created by SAP, is available for download at the Apple App Store and Google play. The content is optimized for all iOS and Android smartphone and tablet enabled devices.